Governance and Social Cohesion
Vision of the program
We want a Burundi where the rights and duties of citizens are respected, where local leaders are accountable for their actions for local economic and social development for all.
Mission of program
ERB’s mission is to strengthen the capacities of communities in citizen participation, social cohesion of Burundians, local decentralized development under the emergence of responsible local leaders.
Approaches of program
The implementation of the Governance and Social Cohesion program uses many approaches in a complementary perspective:
- Peace Clubs for social cohesion and community security
- Citizen Vigilance for citizen participation in the collection and management of communal resources
- DO NO HARM for conflict prevention and resolution
- MARP: Accelerated Method of Participatory Research for community planning.
- Abatangamuco to resolve conflicts related to Gender Based Violence
Main areas covered by the program
- Community and household security
- Promotion of citizens’ rights and duties
- Promotion of the values of the state of rights and rule of law
- Strengthening of social cohesion,
- Contribution to the reduction of gender-based violence,
- Economic empowerment of women and youth
- Strengthening the capacity of local leaders to be accountable
- Capacity building of the population for citizen participation
- Leadership training and coaching
- Support in decentralization and communal planning